Thursday, April 23, 2020

Finally Friday!!

Santa Cruz Mountains Stewardship Network

Friday-

I am packed and I can't stop smiling. I have not been away from my parents or sisters for the whole weekend before. My cousins house is always fun. They have five kids. I am closest in age to Joe who is 6 months older than me and my cousin Anissa who is two years younger than me. My auntie is picking me up after she is done with work at 4 pm. My auntie Sharon is so cool and easy to talk to. She said when she left the house it was overcast. Sure enough, when got over the mountain the fog was very thick. You could not see more than 10 feet from the house. It was as if a cloud had come down and landed on the hillside. I spent the rest of the day exploring the house.

Decal Santa Cruz Redwood Roots Tree Sticker - by Tim WardMy cousin Joe had his two friends overs. They asked Anissa and I played tag outside. It wasn't really tag, it was more of hiding game. We had been play this for as long as I can remember. The three acres were unkempt, and wild. As I ran around looking for a bush to hide behind, the fog made an interesting element of fun. I quickly learned if I stayed very quiet someone could run by and not even notice me. There were many times where I was just out in the middle of a hillside and I could not see anything except trees, bushes, and fog. There was something so neat about that. It was a little scary too. I did not want to get lost. Joe and or one of his friends kept finding me so there was little chance of that. When we got bored we walked over to the property next to theirs to say hi to their new neighbors. They were kind people, and like most of the people that lived here, they had a hippie vibe about them. 

My uncle had mentioned the other house that was for sale was three houses down. Even though I would have to change schools, I still wanted to do it. I love it up here. Was it the cool mountain air or the closer to nature feel that I love so much? Or was it just getting away, like being on vacation. I don't know, but I did know, I would love to live here. I would miss my friends but not enough to not want to move. Life was slower here. It seemed like everyone's priority was to get to the beach. 

It was great to have dinner at my cousins’ house again. We often went over for dinner when they lived close. There was always lively conversation going on as we ate. We made plans to go to the beach tomorrow. Afterwards, we watched a movie and went to bed. It was nice being away from my sisters and parents. I wonder what they are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment